Comparing Blinds and Shutters and Their Advantages
When people want an alternative to curtains it often comes down to two choices; blinds or shutters. Many people making this change don’t know the exact benefits of these two different types of household privacy protection. Here, we will outlines the different advantages of blinds and shutters, so that you can make an informed decision when making your final choice.
- Different Materials – Blinds come in a wide range of different materials, allowing you to have a whole range of vastly different options to choose from, which can suit your home in different ways. For instance, you can get blinds made from materials like aluminium, wood and even vinyl if you want to be a little different. Each of these offers a long life and allows you to find the perfect material for your interior design scheme.
- Sunlight Protection – Whilst everyone loves a bright, sunny room, sometimes it’s nice to take away the blinding light and sit in the shade. Conversely, you can allow winter sun in during cold months to help warm up a room.
- Saves Electricity – Blinds are great at keeping out heat waves, as they block the hot air from getting into the room. This helps save you electricity as it means you don’t have to blast the air conditioning to keep you nice and cool.
Venetian with tapes
- Unique Style – Shutters are not typical household features, which is why they stand out so much in the rooms they inhabit. By adding some quality, stylish shutters to a room, you are making a real statement of quality and making your house stand out from the rest.
- Easy to maintain – Shutters are extremely easy to maintain, with little to no fuss needed to keep them in top working condition. All you need is a good cleaning solution and a rag and you can effortlessly wipe away any dirt or dust within minutes.
There are many reasons why shutters and blinds can be used instead of curtains. Blinds In Oldham can help you come to a decision on what blind, shutter and soft furnishing suit your room!