Comparing Blinds and Shutters and Their Advantages
When people want an alternative to curtains it often comes down to two choices; blinds or shutters. Many people making this change don’t know the exact benefits of these two different types of household privacy protection. Here, we will outlines the different advantages of blinds and shutters, so that you can make an informed decision when making your final choice.
- Different Materials – Blinds come in a wide range of different materials, allowing you to have a whole range of vastly different options to choose from, which can suit your home in different ways. For instance, you can get blinds made from materials like aluminium, wood and even vinyl if you want to be a little different. Each of these offers a long life and allows you to find the perfect material for your interior design scheme.
- Sunlight Protection – Whilst everyone loves a bright, sunny room, sometimes it’s nice to take away the blinding light and sit in the shade. Conversely, you can allow winter sun in during cold months to help warm up a room.
- Saves Electricity – Blinds are great at keeping out heat waves, as they block the hot air from getting into the room. This helps save you electricity as it means you don’t have to blast the air conditioning to keep you nice and cool.
Venetian with tapes
- Unique Style – Shutters are not typical household features, which is why they stand out so much in the rooms they inhabit. By adding some quality, stylish shutters to a room, you are making a real statement of quality and making your house stand out from the rest.
- Easy to maintain – Shutters are extremely easy to maintain, with little to no fuss needed to keep them in top working condition. All you need is a good cleaning solution and a rag and you can effortlessly wipe away any dirt or dust within minutes.
There are many reasons why shutters and blinds can be used instead of curtains. Blinds In Oldham can help you come to a decision on what blind, shutter and soft furnishing suit your room!
When it comes to choosing the perfect window blind most people would be forgiven for assuming that it is a simple and straightforward affair, after all, How hard could it be? It’s only a blind or so you would think!
The perfect window blind is usually found after researching various sites, understanding their uses, functionality and liaising directly with an experienced company / fitter. Liaising directly with a fitter / company is useful when deciding upon materials and colours.
The points will help you chose the right blind and ensure all your requirements are fulfilled.
Why do you need the blind?
Blinds are incredibly versatile when required to be and are not just there to look good! Many will be designed for a set purpose, a few of which are mentioned below;
- Privacy – Is your window situated in a position that allows people to see the entire room from the outside? There are many blinds that will let natural light in but also offer enough privacy from the outside world without darkening the room.
- UV protection – UV rays can be particularly detrimental to furniture, furnishings and other household additions. Materials can be left warped and mis-coloured which in time can result in a costly restoration. There are a number of blinds that will combat this problem.
- Bespoke setting – There are some windows that may have a larger / smaller size and / or a unique shape which requires a tailor made window blind or curtain. This is typically more expensive when it comes to curtains and will often take longer to create. Blinds can be engineered to fit any window within minutes resulting in a much more efficient outcome!
There are a huge range of blinds available that can cause a customer to become overwhelmed. The examples that we have listed below are some of our more popular examples and should help you make a final decision.
- Roller Blinds
Roller blinds have proven to be an incredibly popular choice this year. The functionality is simple and the materials are available in a variety of fabrics, colours and patterns!
The blinds come with safety precautions which is particularly useful when small children are on the move. We can also offer moisture resistant blinds, UV blinds with sunscreen fabrics which filter out the suns rays and only allows a certain volume of light in the room and complete blackout fabrics which ensure complete darkness!
- Venetian Blinds – Venetian blinds are a timeless classic, providing many homes throughout the greater Manchester area with deceptively bigger rooms.
The blinds are available in wood, aluminium and PVC and also come in a huge range of colours, fabrics, textures and functionalities.
The venetian blind can be used in any room but we have found that the most popular setting is split between the office / commercial, kitchen and bathroom.
- Vertical Blinds – Vertical blinds are great for commercial as well as domestic properties. As with any blind within our portfolio the vertical blinds are available in a huge range of colours, fabrics, materials and can be engineered to fit any window.The functionality allows the full window and view to be exposed, partial visibility for those who enjoy reduced light and full shut out from the world outside. The fabrics come in washing machine friendly, total black out, UV filtering and flame retardant meaning that this type of blind can fit in any office or home.
Value for money
The best features about window blinds is that they truly are value for money. The blinds will outlive any curtain, offer more functionality, look great by adding to the decor and will save you money over the years to come!
The product range within www.blindsinoldham.co.uk are extremely competitive and will always leave a customer with a smile on their face especially with how efficient the team are. For all enquiries please call 01706 842 909 or fill out the enquiry box to have your dream blind fitted today.